2016 2QB Draft Guide Kit
2016 2QB Draft Guide Kit: A round-up of the most relevant articles produced by TwoQBs.com this offseason that will help you dominate your 2QB draft. …
This weeks marks the start of draft weekend. 2QB home leagues across the nation will either log-in to a virtual draft room or make the trek to a predetermined destination for a rowdy in-person draft day experience. It will be glorious.
We here at TwoQBs have spent the entire offseason since our inception in February prepping you for this very moment. We have produced a ton of content since Day 1 and thought it would be helpful to highlight our most relevant articles and tools to help you draft a dominating and league-winning 2QB squad.
Our own Joshua Lake has been on top of the 2QB mock draft scene this offseason to ensure we have an up-to-date and useable set of 2QB ADP. While not universal to every 2QB league in existence, our ADP provides drafters an idea of where quarterbacks are drafted on average in 2QB leagues. Here is a sneak peek…
If you’re in need of getting your 2QB mock on just shoot Josh a message on Twitter and he will hook you up with an invite. August 2QB mocks are held each Monday.
What is a fantasy football website without rankings? The staff at TwoQBs knows how vital rankings are for drafters. A group of us (Joe Siniscalchi, Joshua Lake, Greg Smith, Anthony Amico, Salvatore Stefanile) have continuously updated our QB ranks all offseason.
Greg Smith has you covered if you’re looking for Top-200 overall rankings for 2QB leagues. His accompanying rankings methodology provides valuable insight into how to handle rankings in 2QB leagues.
For the tiered rankings enthusiasts, Joe Siniscalchi’s QB big board is a great resource when determining the cutoff for specific quarterback tiers.
And if you thought we forgot about those of you who play in auction leagues, fret not. Joshua Berger has graciously put together a Top-200 2QB auction values cheat sheet for you.
QB Stat Cards
Our QB Cards page features handy draft research information regarding every relevant quarterback’s production in terms of both fantasy points and weekly finishes since 2012. Below is an example of our QB cards…
Quarterbacks are king in the NFL and in 2QB leagues. Our QB Profiles page features breakdowns of not only starting quarterbacks like Russell Wilson, Eli Manning and Carson Palmer, but we’ve also put virtual pen to virtual ink on backups who might become fantasy relevant in 2016 like Trevor Siemian (or is Mark Sanchez the backup?), Brett Hundley and Chase Daniel. *Remember, 53 different quarterbacks started at least one game in 2015*
Passing Offense Outlooks
If you want to take our QB profiles one step further then TJ Calkins’ passing offense outlook series is what you’re looking for. This offseason TJ has…
- Broken down Jordy Nelson’s impact on Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the Packers offense
- Provided an in-depth preview of the 49ers passing offense under new Head Coach Chip Kelly
- Explained how Adam Gase could turn Ryan Tannehill into a fantasy QB1
Mock Draft Recaps
Want to see how industry analysts draft in 2QB leagues? We have a few mock draft recaps that will do just that…
- 10-team 2QB Mock Draft Recap
- 2QB/IDP Dynasty Startup Recap
- 2QB Dynasty Rookie Draft Recap
- 10-team 2QB Auction Mock Draft Recap
- 10-team 2QB Video Draft Recap
Don’t have time to read all our 2QB articles? Luckily for you we have a podcast dedicated to the 2QB format. The 2QB Experience Podcast is hosted by Greg Smith and Joshua Lake, and they have done an excellent job all offseason talking all things 2QB with a number of esteemed guests. Check out our Podcasts page for a link to all 2QB Experience Podcast episodes.
The TwoQBs staff occasionally gets together around the virtual roundtable to discuss topics relating to 2QB leagues. Catch up on our roundtables to date…
Draft Strategies and QB Targets
Whether you’re new to the 2QB format or have been winning 2QB leagues for years, having a plan in place on draft day is key to leaving your draft with a team you feel confident has what it takes to be crowned champ at the end of the year. We preach flexibility when it comes to draft strategy, as you don’t want to be beholden to one specific strategy, however, it doesn’t hurt to have some guidelines in place entering your draft. And you’re in luck, as we have written a few words on the subjects of 2QB draft strategy and quarterbacks to target…
- Studs and Streaming draft approach to 2016 2QB fantasy drafts
- Using the LRQB strategy in 2016 2QB Drafts
- Is QB-QB still a viable draft strategy in 2016 2QB leagues?
- 2QB auction tips and general strategy guide from Josh Berger
- Brian Malone recommends Mid-round WR/RB targets if you draft QBs early
- Denny Carter uses his equity score metric to identify affordable QB2s with QB1 upside
- Joshua Lake with a list of QBs he’s targeting in drafts this year
- A list of quarterbacks Joshua Lake is avoiding this year
- Late-round QB targets attached to early-round WRs
- Justin Bedi explains why stockpiling QBs is a winning strategy
- Sean Fakete looks at how valuable running QBs are
- Finding the next Blake Bortles or Kirk Cousins from Ben Cummins
- Greg Smith’s Startable Quarterback Percentage metric and its impact on LRQB drafting
- A look at whether QB handcuffing is a viable strategy in 2QB leagues
- A round-by-round breakdown of our 2QB ADP highlighting QBs to target based on cost
- How to win your first 2QB league
Salvatore Stefanile has also kindly compiled his three main 2QB draft strategies into an easy-to-digest and mobile-friendly PDF eBook, if you’re into that sort of thing. Signup here to get a copy emailed to you.
Josh Hornsby is giving you a peak inside his projections machine by making his 2016 fantasy QB projections public. You can find links to them below:
- AFC & NFC North QB Projections
- AFC & NFC South QB Projections
- AFC & NFC East QB Projections
- AFC & NFC West QB Projections
If you feel like you need even more help or have a question regarding your specific 2QB league or team you can always hit up our Q+A section and our staff will gladly assist you.
Good Luck and Happy 2QB Drafting
No matter how much prep we put into draft day research anything can and does happen during the draft. Try to remain as calm as possible and stick to your draft plan. Remember, this is a game based on a game so try not to get too upset if someone snipes Alex Smith from you in round one.
Also, we just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you who has supported TwoQBs by reading our content, listening to our podcasts, and following us on Twitter and Facebook. You have all helped us build a 2QB community we are proud to serve and will continue to serve during the season. Thank you.
And thanks to the 2QB staff of full-time contributors and guest writers to date:
Anthony Amico, Joe Siniscalchi, Ben Cummins, Brian Malone, James Simpson, Josh Berger, Josh Hornsby, TJ Calkins, Ethan Harwood, Bobby Korecky, Joe Redemann, Denny Carter, Jeff Dumont, TJ Hernandez, Scott Smith, Jeff Miller, Nathan Powell, Justin Bedi, Zach Law, Greg Smith, Joshua Lake, and Salvatore Stefanile. And a special thank you to Scott Fish for some behind-the-scenes help and for creating the #SFB480.
Without you there would be no TwoQBs.com.
Good luck and have fun!