#SFB480 Interview with Anthony Amico
The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Anthony Amico – contributor to RotoViz, numberFire, and TwoQBs.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
I like to analyze football through a numbers perspective, though I do have experience as both a player and coach that I utilize as well. I prefer to be contrarian in my takes. You can follow me on Twitter @amicsta.
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
This is a tough call, but ultimately it has to be Eric Balkman. I am a huge fan of the HSFF Hour, and am really excited to be able to compete against Eric in this contest.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
How my league-mates draft will definitely impact my strategy at the skill positions, but I will absolutely be treating this like a 2QB draft. I want to take advantage of the ability to flex a QB and get some more consistent weekly scoring into my lineup.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I would take pick nine given the choice. There are a bunch of players going towards the end of the first round that I want in drafts this year, and I don’t really think there is much of an advantage to picking early. Picking later also gives me a better idea of what strategies my opponents may be employing.
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I sometimes play the violin in my spare time, though I would be lying if I said I was any good at it ;).
Thanks to Anthony for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.