#SFB480 Interview with A. Don Davenport
The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Don Davenport – Fakepigskin writer.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
Two quarterback dynasty analyst and writer for Fakepigskin.com. More interested in the narrative, strategy and structure of winning teams rather than “dry” stats recitation and analysis. @adondavenport
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
Derek Myers, who won the SFB360 last year. Or maybe I should say he’s the one I think has the best momentum to take down the rest of us!
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
I’m hoping to trade up for a kicker.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
1.01 baby. No better place to be for a nearly-guaranteed stud. Then again, last year I spent the 1.01 on Jamaal Charles and that didn’t work out so well….
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (SFB) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
Salvatore Stefanile, Josh Lake, Greg Smith and Josh Berger. The folks from TwoQBs.com essentially, to spend an evening discussing the format and its future in the game. If the SFB480 wasn’t superflex, I would honestly have a lot less interest in it.
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
Both my wife and I are sportbike enthusiasts. So if you see a couple zipping down a winding country road hunched over rice rockets, it might be us.
Thanks to Don for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.