#SFB480 Interview with Phil Alexander
The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Phil Alexander – Footballguys staff writer.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
19th-century writer and poet Oscar Wilde summed it up best when he said, “Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives”. I’m on Twitter @PhilTWR.
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
Footballguys OG and behind the scenes superstar, Clayton Gray.
3. Do you have a strategy alreadyset up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
I generally let the board fall to me, but last year was my first in the SFB, and I was happy with the balanced roster I drafted. Most likely, I’ll be taking a similar approach this year.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I prefer a top-5 pick this year, and the chance to take either Antonio Brown, Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr. in the first round. Those guys are in their own tier, and I don’t think the players typically available near the 1-2 turn are markedly better than the ones you can get near the 2-3 turn.
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
Beers and dinner are more fun when you’re laughing, so I’ll go with Denny Carter (even though he’d order awful beer) and JJ Zachariason as a Living the Stream package deal. I’m pretty sure hanging out with Davis Mattek would be entertaining. Then I’d round it out with Sal Stefanile because he’s a heck of a nice guy, and he knows the good poutine spots.
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I’m a pretty simple guy. Besides my kids and football, I love juicy IPAs and Game of Thrones. There are several High Valyrian phrases tattooed on my body.
Thanks to Phil for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.