The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Barry Cohen – numberFire writer.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
I have been writing for numberFire for a little over a year. This will be my first year in the SFB; 12-ish years playing season long fantasy football and two years of DFS. Twitter: @ScaryBarry4
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
Whoever puts me as their answer to this question.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
I’m currently working out strategies while I do some mock drafts. With such a big league, I’m expecting to see some weird stuff happen in the draft, so there will definitely be a bit of letting the board fall to me as well.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I like the eight slot based on mocks I’ve seen for this and other formats so far this year.
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
- Scott Fish – To pick his brain about how on Earth he put this league together.
- Any of the numberFire guys – I work with them every day but never met them.
- Jake Ciely (no beer, just dinner) – Pick his brain on how he creates accurate projections, and some C.J. Anderson talk too.
- Matt Harmon – He’s from the same area as me and he puts out really good work.
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I’m a Redskins season ticket holder.
Thanks to Barry for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.