#SFB480 Interview with Kent Dougall
The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Kent Dougall.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
Paralysis by over analysis could be my mantra at times – I second guess every move and it often gets me in trouble. I also have no problem second guessing other people’s moves (that’s been known to get me in trouble as well). @KentD99
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
This is my third SFB season and Eastwood looks to be my toughest division yet. Ty has the track record for bragging rights. Jody & Hep are friends. Guess I have to say Hepworth simply because we haven’t even started yet and he’s already talking trash.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
It will be interesting to see how all of this extra prep and the new scoring adjustments effect draft strategies this year. I have an idea of what I’d like to do, but trying to keep it flexible because I know these guys — they will disrupt my best laid plans.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I much prefer to be in the 10 or 11 hole. There is an advantage in being able to look at the team needs of the next few drafters and adjust picks according to what’s likely to make it back. With this flexible format though, that might not be as much of a concern
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
This is tough. Went through everyone and had better than 20 people on the list! So many great people in this industry.
- Sigmund Bloom – I love listening to this man talk. He’s so insightful and his rapport with his listeners just seems to come naturally.
- Shawn Siegele – Shawn has an uncanny ability to look at things from angles other people miss.
- Matt Rittle – Matt was one of the first to really cover my favorite format – MFL10s. It was his writing that got me into them. In addition to that, he’s a genuinely good guy.
- CD Carter AND Kenny Darter – (Does an alter ego count against my total?) These are two of the most imaginative and witty folks on Twitter.
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I’m an excellent cook and not half bad as a baker, either.
Thanks to Kent for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.