The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Matthew Freedman — FantasyLabs Editor-In-Chief.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
I’m Matt Freedman, @MattFtheOracle. I’m the Editor-in-Chief of FantasyLabs and the producer of the RotoViz and Fantasyland podcasts. I might be the hardest-working lazy person in the industry.
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
I don’t know who’s in my division. I don’t even know what division I’m in. One doesn’t take down a 480-team league by focusing on division.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
My strategy will probably be to wait on QB and TE as long as I can.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I’d pick the last pick of the first round, because it would give me the first shot at a pick in the second round. Also, I don’t mind waiting a long time between picks, because my selections generally tend be unorthodox (reaches) anyway.
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
I would love to spend time with lots of people in the SFB — but I might choose Rich Hribar, Pat Thorman, Davis Mattek, and James Todd. That group could get up to some trouble. I would definitely regret choosing those four the next day.
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
When I’m tired and need to stay awake, I chew gum so that I don’t fall asleep. Is that interesting???
Thanks to Matt for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.