The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Pat Thorman – Pro Football Focus Fantasy Lead Writer.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
Hopefully I convey that I dig insightful, respectful football discussions with anyone who’d like to partake – without taking it too seriously. After all, this is supposed to be fun. @Pat_Thorman
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
You come at the king (Matt Harmon), you best not miss. I’d like to say I want to take him down for #TeamCargoShorts – but really I’m just jealous of his hair.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
I went for a high variance strategy last year, since upside is needed to beat out such large field – but I crash/burned. Probably will take the same YOLO approach again.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
If I could pick, I’d want to be somewhere in the middle. Especially in sharp drafts like this, projecting who will be coming back to you after 20-plus picks is rough. I prefer soaking up whatever value leaks into the middle while picking more frequently.
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I am a serious Jarts aficionado. Although with a three year old running around, we play more Cornhole these days. It’s safer after a few adult beverages.
Thanks to Pat for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.