The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Peter Overzet – Fantasyland Podcast Host.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “persona”? Include your Twitter handle.
I’m the host of Rotoviz’s Fantasyland podcast, as well as a co-host of The Fantasy Football Comedy Hour. I try to make jokes in lieu of giving fantasy advice on Twitter (@peteroverzet), but I’ll still answer start/sit questions (no one has ever asked me a start/sit question).
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
I’m looking forward to playing against The Fantasy Footballers. I’m jealous of their podcasting studio and their beards. Just give me this one thing, ‘ballers.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
I’m a big #ZeroRB guy. I loathe running backs, but I imagine I’ll be forced to take them sooner than normal considering the SFB settings. Actually, I’ll probably just keep an eye on what Shawn Siegele does in his division and try to mirror his strategy, if I’m being totally honest.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I play in a handful of dynasty leagues, a keeper league, and a smattering of redraft leagues every year and yet I’ve never owned a single share of Odell Beckham Jr. Give me the 1.01 or 1.02 and my first share of Odell (Khloe Kardashian curse be damned).
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
Scott Fish—Because he’s the best and also because it would be really funny to watch him try to navigate a menu with his child palate.
14TeamMocker—Because he always cracks me up and I think it’d be easier to get a trade done with him IRL.
— Patrick Kerrane (@PatKerrane) June 2, 2016
Chad Scott—Because I think he’s super funny and he’s a ghost online otherwise.
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I collected Beanie Babies as a kid? I think my mom might have recently sold my purple Princess Diana bear at a garage sale, though.
Thanks to Peter for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.