The Scott Fish Bowl commences on July 11th. We asked Zach Law to interview some of the participants about the experience. Today’s subject: Rob Marino.
1. Can you give me a two-sentence introduction to your fantasy football “personna”? Include your Twitter handle.
I’m a fan of fantasy football. I enjoy the strategy and data analysis just as much as watching the game and I enjoy listening and reading anything that covers either of these two topics in fantasy. @ChubChubMcGrubb
2. Who in your division do you want to take down the most?
I’m gunning for Stagg Party and the guys at Pyromaniac.com. We were in the same division last season and they had the better record but I went further into the playoffs. I’m hoping to dominate them 100% this year.
3. Do you have a strategy already set up for the draft or do you let the board fall to you?
I’m going to draft the value my fellow division-mates give me but I didn’t run all those SFB Mocks for nothing. Definitely honed in on a strategy I’d like to implement and players I’m targeting in each round. Thanks again to all those who participated in the mocks, I hope they provided some insight as they did for me.
4. If you got to pick your draft slot, what would you take and why?
I would probably take the second slot. I like picking near the turn and I was successful from the 1.02 two years ago in #2014SFB. The downside is the long wait between picks but I like being able to build my team two pieces at a time.
5. If you could select four people in the Scott Fish Bowl (#SFB480) to have either a beer or dinner with, who would it be?
6. What’s one non-fantasy football related interest you have that would surprise the rest of the SFB?
I am a strong proponent for the use of oils (yes, Essential Oils) as a remedy for common every day problems like sore muscles, headaches, small cuts, stress and tension, sleeplessness, sweat (I sweat when it is 70 degrees), and bad breath (not mine of course) among other things. You should check it out. Hit me up if you’re interested.
Thanks to Rob for answering and Zach for hosting. You can find Zach on Twitter @zach_law and make sure you visit his website — Zachlawonline.com. You can catch him on Going for Two every week, talking football, beer, and just about anything else with co-host Sharona Stormborn.